fot

Limited slip additive

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Limited slip additive
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 19:19:05 -0600
Hi all!

With all of the recent talk about limited slip diffs, I was in the speed
shop today getting some braided line for the new Accusump setup (that's
another story) and saw a couple bottles of this stuff on the shelf:
GM Vehicle Care
Limited Slip Axle Lubrication Additive
It was in a 4 oz bottle and it claimed the stuff would "modify excess
clutch plate friction" and "facilitate application and release of clutch
plates."
Directions were to drain axle while warm, add contents, then refill axle
with proper lubricant.
It was made of phosphonic acid and dioctadecyl ester phenol. (Say THAT
three times fast! ;)

Just FYI!

I also had to laugh -- they had a bunch of 4-oz bottles of air freshener
that I was standing nearby while they were cutting my hose and finally
looked at, wondering why a speed shop would waste space on that stuff.
It was a FUEL freshener!  It was to counter the "bad odors" of top fuel
and other street race fuels, and to "freshen the area" while drag
racing!  There were all kinds of flavors from pina colada to cherry to
rain forest fresh!  I thought I had seen (and smelled) it all...

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)
#42 race Spit Tristan

Shop online without a credit card