fot

TR6 engine Question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 engine Question
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:42:01 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I'm putting another TR6 motor together and I noticed something odd. In the
gasket kit I got from the "M" vendor, the front engine plate gasket is
fairly thick. There's no proble with that -- but, when you tighten down
the cam retainer plate and install the timing chain wheels, there is an
offset that excedds .040" between the cam chainwheel and the crank
sprocket (measured with a fairly stright edge (less than .001 deviation).

Now I know you can put in adjusting shims, but should I really need 6 of
the .006" shims to get things right?

Asked another way - does anyone know of the "T" vendor sells part 215350
that is less thick than the one the "M" vendor sells?? I'm not sure who
makes the gaskets - they're not Payen brand, for sure.

I intend to call T today, but I was looking for some other observations.

Thanks in advance for any pointers, observations or remarks. On topic, of
course.

;-)
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |