fot

Archaeological dig unearths Kastner cams!!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Archaeological dig unearths Kastner cams!!
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 19:05:19 -0600
Hi all!

Brad and I were poking around the garage a few minutes ago and I thought
I would dig into the box that Tristan's previous owner described to me
as "a boxful of dead cams."  I had looked into it a while back and all
the cams were in boxes or cardboard tubes, so busy me took him at his
word (which has already caused me some problems with other areas of the
car...) and stashed it in the dark recesses under the stairs in the
garage.

Well, I was trying to find the "Cobra 289" cam that the PO once-removed
had described to me (which was not to be found), and dug into the long
rectangular boxes in the "dead cam" box.  Imagine my surprise to find
not one, not two, but **THREE** NOS Spitfire Mk1 cams direct from
Stanpart, still in their original, unwrapped, Cosmolined condition!
(Now in their original, RE-wrapped, Cosmolined condition... ;)

While recovering from THAT surprise, I dug into the cardboard tubes and
found a Reed cam (DOA), and not one but **TWO** Kastner cams!!!!!  One
was an A7 and one an A8.  A reverent feeling came over me as I held the
A7 in my hands.  Brad fondled the A8.  We did the ceremonial laying-on
of hands and reverently wrapped them back up in their dirty t-shirt and
1988 comic section respectively, and put them back into the box that
somehow no longer had the same mental connotation attached to it as
before.

So here's my question -- Kas, is it possible to bring these used cams
back to life?  They do not appear to be badly scored or otherwise
damaged, but just worn.  And what do the A7 and A8 designations mean?
Do you still have dimensions on these?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)

#42 race Spit Tristan

Shop online without a credit card