fot

Re: TR gearbox mount

To: Gt6steve@aol.com, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR gearbox mount
From: RDWISMER@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:37:38 EST
Steve,

I assume you know that a TR gear box mount is also the rear engine mount. It
measures 1 5/8 inches high. It consists of two shallow channels with a rubber
middle. In my race car the rubber middle collapses in few race so isolation
is a goneby thing. In TRs it is important to restrain lateral movement of the
rear of the transmission with stops.  I found this out at Grattan Raceway
when the transmission kept trying to get into my lap on hard left handers. I
made a shallow "U" shaped strap that fits under the mount and the upward legs
restrain the transmission laterally. Others have just bolted "L" shaped
brackets at the end of the transmission mounting ears.

   Good luck,

              Bob Wismer