fot

Sproing!!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Sproing!!
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 00:53:37 -0600 (MDT)
Now that was odd.  As some might say, things happen, but they don't *just*
happen.  In an earlier version of my funding plea, I had a paragraph about
buying another Cisco DSL modem to keep on hand.  The current one which provides
the link between the team.net server and the phone line, thus the world, has
gone catatonic about once every three or four months.  Guess what happened
about half a minute after I sent the funding message.  I think I am back on the
air now, so a comment on spring springs intead of spring spring.

Yes, it is a system.  Joe C. is learning as he goes along, I'm sure.  We've
all gotten to wherever it is we are through a lot of trial and error.  And
it ain't over yet.  Has anyone not heard some version of the experience vs.
judgement quip?

Of course, I firmly believe I am the only one on the face of this planet whose
ever stood motionless in space and time, a tool in one greasy hand and in the
other some important and/or expensive part that 6.3 seconds ago was still a
serviceable item, and said something like "Oh, THAT'S what they meant!"

Anyway, a good starting point for front spring rates on a competition Spitfire
is in the 350 to 450 pound range, depending on what you do to the suspension
at the rear.  I'd wager that driving style also has a hand in it, though I am
not yet convinced whether more aggressive, jerkier movements are helped or
hindered by stiffer springs.

On a completely unrelated note for the upcoming Tinker Day I'm doing a Texas
brisket, Pugs style, and boy, does the house smell good!  I can hardly wait.
Hmmm, I should put that recipe on the cooking section of my home page.

mjb.