fot

Re: oil temp sensor/alloy sump

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil temp sensor/alloy sump
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 21:15:03 EDT
I found an adapter that screwed into the Standard sump drain plug hole.
I have run with the oil temp sender that way for years.

The finned alloy factory sumps were a good thing before oil coolers were
allowed,
but are a liability to the serious racer, as they hang way down below the
frame.
I doubt that the shorter ones are worth the price, except for looks.  Some
say that it makes the motor block stiffer, but with all the crank flex at
7200 RPM, who knows!

Hardy