fot

Re: Lowering a Spit

To: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Subject: Re: Lowering a Spit
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 15:12:25 -0700
You know Ted, I get awefully tired of this "Holier than Thou" attitude that
seems to be pervasive on this list when it comes to someone wishing to
save a bit of money while attempting to improve their car.

Yes, I have an "Unknown" spring rate up front now.  But I do know what my
camber, caster and toe settings are.  I had the alignment done this morning
and the camber is negative 1.5 degrees, caster is 4.5 degrees and the toe is
set to positive 1/16".

This is a good starting point to see what additional changes need to be made
and I can measure the spring rate if I determine that it is too soft or
too hard.

I don't (like some members of this list) have unlimited funds to throw at this
hobby and until I do, I will continue using my resources as effectively
as I can.  Maybe when I have more information on how the car [performs using
this setup, I can then invest in a more permanent fix.  But I can't see
throwing a lot of money into things that I don't know are going to still need
adjustment.  This is why I have asked the list what sort of starting
point I should seek.  Knowing that no two cars are equal and with the nature of
the particular setup of my car being very different from the norm, I
will continue on this course of action and hope it leads me to the correct
setup.

Regards,
Joe