fot

Building the racer

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Building the racer
From: "andrew stark" <whitedog72@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 15:39:57
Ok after several beers and hours of clean up after being in storage in the
barn my car is back in shape for the year to come . Then after a couple more
beers and long discussion with my lovely and wise wife I have decided to for
go my previous decision of building a new car . My wife among other people
suggested I just gut this one and go racing. So it looks like my little red
autocrosser is going to be the new EP car for next year . This will save the
rust free car that still resides in the barn for later restoration and sends
my once rust bucket to the perils of racing . This also makes my wife very
happy that she still gets to park in the garage .
What I need is any and all suggestions on how to build this racer . have a
good idea what it takes but with the knowledge that is in the FOT I am sure
I can pick up some trick ideas to make the job easier and maybe cheaper . I
will also be looking for any used race parts like wheels, suspension and
others to help offset the cost alittle .
(wife wants a deck at the same time) . So I am open to any suggestions guys
and really welcome any help on locating good used race stuff .
                      Thanks
                       Andy