fot

Re: 2002 mid ohio event

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: 2002 mid ohio event
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:40:39 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Marty,

The event days are set: 21 - 23 June 2002.

The other details regarding an autocross are fuzzy, at best, right now. At
least from my perspective.

I'd like to throw out the possibility of holding the autocross so as _not_
to conflict with other events (e.g. the "challenge" or an "all triumphs
race" etc.) after all, I'm sure we'd all love to watch some of that
Triumph iron driving "the line" at our various favorite vantage points
around the track.

Further, there will be the inevitible car show and possibly the old track
parade for the featured marque... I'm sure these events would be sorely
missed by most of the fringe Triumphiles if they were off-site running an
autocross.

So - how about holding the autocross on friday?

And if the possibility exists to run on concrete - AWESOME. If not, I've
seen the GM lot - it's really huge, and a VTR/SCCA style autocross would
be no problem on a section of that property.

Feedback?
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |