fot

Re: TR Heads

To: cobra@airmail.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR Heads
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:59:22 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/01 11:33:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

<< Subj:     TR Heads
 Date:  4/30/01 11:33:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time
 From:  cobra@airmail.net (Richard Hardison)
 Sender:    owner-fot@autox.team.net
 To:    fot@autox.team.net (Friends of Triumph)

 While on this subject, I wonder what our group thinks about the much
 modified Computune TR Head?

 Richard >>

I bought one of these heads a long time ago from Jack Wheeler's
recommendation (I understand that Mr. Tabor quit making them).  This head has
only 0.150" removed from it compared to the 0.175" to 0.180" that you remove
from the heads used with the flat crown pistons.  You use the popup Cosworth
pistons with this head obtained from Mr. Webber of Malvern Racing.  This
engine seemed to have plenty of steam, but then I froze up a couple of rod
bearings when I was really pushing it.

You still have to remove approximately 0.010" from the flat portion of the
crown, just like you do for the flat crown pistons.