fot

Re: how much off of the head

To: unv@psu.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: how much off of the head
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 00:12:54 EDT
WEmery7451@aol.com writes:

<<
  Hi Bill and Hardy,

  I need some help. I am having a TR4 and TR4A engine rebuilt.
  I am going to have .090 taken off of each head per Kastner's
  street prep recommendations. The shop I am having do the work wants to
  know how they can tell if any material has already been taken off of the
  head. What can I tell them to measure to check this. I sure would appreciate
  your help.

  Work on the plaque has come to a stand still. I have been very busy but
  I should be getting them done sometime this summer.

  Yours in Triumph
  TS25801L
  Dan Styduha

Dan-

Somewhere in the ole bio-gloppy drive I seem to recall the stock head
thickness as being 3.330" measured from the cyl head face to the machined
surface of the valve cover gasket. Given that measurement it should be a
piece-o-cake to determine the amount taken off/need to be taken off the head.

With more than a little taken off this ole head...
     Nick in Nor Cal