fot

Re: fot-digest V1 #333

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fot-digest V1 #333
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 16:36:30 EDT
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 09:16:00 -0700
> From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: FOT report from Daytona
>
> Yeah, one year I was there they called the event "a race for thermal
> effeciency....."
> Yup, they always found a way to be a winner.

The French being French, (oh so contrare)
(do NOT be fooled by my name, French father gave it to me ), actually have
always referred to the Le Mans 24 Hours as "The Index of Thermal Efficiency",
that way it isn't a race, and I think there are enough classes for almost
everyone to do reasonably well there, which is why cars of relatively small
displacement and high efficiency such as Triumph Spitfires and more recently
Mazda Rotarys have always been able to do rather well at Le Mans...I stand to
be corrected on detail?
BTW, IMHO, it is one of the greatest of spectator races of all time, and all
gearheads should attend at least one time in their lifetime, by law!

Best Regards

Lion F Guyot

Triumph Sports Six Club
International Liaison Secretary
1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible (Diva)
1988 Volkswagen 1600GT Scirroco Coupe (Driver)
Wimbledon, London, England.