fot

Re: Road America

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road America
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:19:02 EDT
In a message dated 05/21/2001 11:56:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

> <<<  Father Dentinger -- his usual quiet, retiring self in the Tornado. He's
> sandbagging -- ran slower than he will when bug is gone from engine.  >>>

Father Dentinger was peddling as fast as he could.  Every session.  Every
lap.  Fuel starvation symptoms at and above 5,000 in 3rd, and at and above
4500 RPMs in 4th gear.  Solution for 3rd was simple, we short shifted to 4th,
but 4th was a continuing problem.  Tried lots of stuff.  Some improvement,
but no solution.  With ROAD AMERICA's three long straights, to be out of revs
at 4500 in 4th gear is a big handicap.  Got down to 3:05 in the race, but you
are right...it will go faster than that.

<<<   yrs trly uncle jack in brand new New Blue -- couple of minor teething
problems, traded fast laps with son Tony all weekend, old dad ended up
with best time ever at this track, 2:54.2. It's better to have good luck
than high skill.  >>>>

That was impressive as all get out!!!

Bob Wismer and I had dinner at Sal's with the SVRA Staff on Sunday night and
the super efforts of the shinny new Blue TR4 race car came up often in the
discussion.

Incidentally, Bob and I were subbing for Joe Alexander in some preplanning
for the big SVRA MID-OHIO 2002 TRIUMPH EVENT.  We'll report to Joe, and I am
sure he will bring you all up to speed, as things get carved in marble.
Until then, take my word for it, the MID-OHIO 2002 TRIUMPH event will be
AWESOME.

Hooray for Uncle Jack, Francis, Tony, and New Blue.

YES, it's better to have good luck than high skill, but look what the
combination will do.  No lack of HIGH SKILL in the Uncle Jack and Tony team.

Bill Dentinger