fot

Re: TWS Marvelous May Races - SILICONE GASKET

To: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: TWS Marvelous May Races - SILICONE GASKET
From: Justin <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:07:23 -0700
Thanks for the plug Bob and Joe....

In regards to my silicone gasket...  just to be clear...  the directions that
come with the gasket were updated a year or two ago... to  recommend that the
valve cover/gasket be removed when the engine is cold, but clearly, this is not
always possible... especially in vintage racing...  and especially for those
that like to torque heads or adjust valves while the engine is hot...

There is a simple solution...  remove the valve cover gasket and immediately
place it in ice water. (the bottom of your ice chest, in the slurry of ice and
water,  is a great place!)   ICE and WATER...  (not just cold, like a
freezer.)   A few minutes in there...  and the gasket should go back on with a
minimal amount of "teasing"...

If your gasket does not return to a "teasible" size, by all means, contact me.
Part of the reason I bother with this product is for you guys/gals... the
vintage racers...  I'd hate to see any of you disappointed with the product!

---Justin Wagner