fot

Re: How Many FOT Does it Take.....

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How Many FOT Does it Take.....
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 01:17:33 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/01 8:43:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time, N197TR4@cs.com
writes:

<< We also had a lot of help on trying to identify high speed flutter (fuel
handling we think) at about
 5400 RPM with loss of power. Never cured it entirely, but it was improved
 upon.  >>

This had happened to me three different times in the past.  It always turned
out to be the electric fuel pump, even though the faulty pump would always
check out in flow and pressure.

The first two times, I wasted a lot of time blaming the old CD ignition
system.  (I can also throw two switches and cut in a stock ignition system.)

Then I twice struggled a mechanical fuel pump onto the side of the block at
the track, and bypassed the electric fuel pump.  Both times this corrected
the flutter.  Now I carry a spare electric fuel pump.