fot

Springs and things.

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Springs and things.
From: "Ian Cowie" <ianhome@acohs.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:55:53 +1000
Hi All.

We ll we are progressing the Spitty somewhat body stripped and repairs begun
and done and underside painted Triumph Racing yellow BTW. The engine is
taking shake although still waiting on Crower for rods.  This weekend will
be spent putting chassis back together at least the front end any way. Long
way to go yet though. The tub has been through the mill, had to cold chisel
the bog off, there was so much and there is more bronze than an Italian
statue in places and at least four different bodies used to make the whole.
Never mind, we live and learn I guess.

Now to important questions I hope some one can help with.

Firstly regarding my 4A has anyone got (although I know US cars had live
axle rear end), the rear coil spring specs for standard and competition. I
have front but don't seem to have rear.

Regarding Spitty, can anyone confirm that when compared to the 4.1 crown
wheel the 4.875 crown wheel is approx 3/16 thinner than std unit. Again I
got parts books etc, but not this data.

Cheers to all

Ian
777