fot

Re: Total Seal rings

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Total Seal rings
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:41:53 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/01 3:41:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

> Has anyone on the list had experience with the time it takes for Total
> Seal rings to seat?

The Duke of Oil has run with a Total Seal set of rings with cast iron top
rings and the rings all seated in what I would call "normal" time. The leak
down test has shown less than 10% for over 6 races. I am about to install a
new set when I "freshen" the motor and am going to try some moly top rings,
but have no data on them yet. Some people have reported seating problems with
the chrome top rings and although I have a set, I have not ventured into that
morass...
Depending on who you talk to and what your bore size really is, you can
obtain all of the above top rings from Total Seal, also Deves will also sell
individual rings if you cannot get what you want from Total Seal.

Considering what a ring has to do, aren't they amazing?
         Nick in Nor Cal