fot

Possible street race?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Possible street race?
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:14:42 -0600 (MDT)
As I've mentioned before, I was out of town for a few days, doing Father's
Day stuff at my brother's place in eastern Alabama.  This is the brother
that used to own the Brass Parrot in Avon, Colorado, at one time the site
of RMVR street races.  Those were usualy fun weekends.

Anyway, Matt is now in a different line of work, running an investment
office in the town of Opelika, Alabama.  This is about 80 miles or so down
I-85 from Atlanta.   While sipping some cold brews and getting our shoulders
quite sunburnt, we discussed the possibility of having one of the vintage
racing sanctioning bodies in the southeast put on a street race in Opelika.
Hard to say if it would, as there aren't any real good streets for a course,
it would all be 90 degree turns.  None of the curvy mountain roads of Avon
or Steamboat, drat.

So does anyone know of some club in the area that might possibly be interested
in looking into such an event?

Thanks,
mjb.