fot

Re: PLN's TR6

To: <Cwn74@aol.com>, <elkhorn@megsinet.net>, <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: PLN's TR6
From: "rem9" <rem9@sunlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 21:51:47 -0400
That TR-6 passed through a few hands and at one point, for a short time was
3 miles from me, in the possession of Gary Hatch, a friend that started my
lusting for speed years ago. There was some part of the deal that went awry
and the car later returned to the previous owner. It eventually ended up in
the hands of Bill Warner of Florida who had it restored to it's original
"Group 44" configuration. Since then he has raced it at a number of events
along the east coast. The car is gorgeous and accurate down to every last
detail, save the hood pin lanyard color according to Bob Tullius who saw it
as he steped from his P-51 a few years ago.
When I first saw the "Newman" car it was still in the silver and black
scheme and conformed perfectly to the pictures in the magazine articles Gary
had collected over the years.
It's great to see a piece of history alive once again and turning wheels in
anger again.
Russ Moore
Spitfire #49