fot

Kastner interview

To: "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kastner interview
From: "Mordy Dunst" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 19:44:47 -0500
I just recieved my copy of the Vintage Racecar Journal and Market Report....
It has an absolutely great and enlightening  interview with Mr. Kas Kastner.
Do yourself a favor and order a copy.  www.vintageracer.com.  I hope Casey
will let me post a copy of this on the historical section the fot site .....

It was recently, at the VARA Buttonwillow MG/TR challange race that Casey
met Kas and decided to do the interview.

 Casey (who has a Ph.d. in Neurosciences) used to work at the City of Hope
where we had lunch together nearly daily.  During our lunches we would talk
shop (not medicine or research but, car racing..)  It was sometime during
this time that Casey had a brainstorm and followed it through......

Casey Annis is now the Publisher and Editor of this magazine. One of the
"perks" of his new role was the loan of a Bentley R420 (from the Bentley
Motor Car Corp.)  for several days.  I think only two hand built examples
have been manufactured. It has a 6.75 v/8 turbo with 450hp and 650ft lbs of
torque.  I drove it and it makes my '67 327/ 365hp  'vette seem like a slug.
Everything it does is better, start, stop, smell good, look good, feel good,
IS GOOD.  It ought to -it cost nearly $400,000.

Anyways, Casey and Mr. Davey Jordan come driving up to our pits in this
Bentley and meet Mr. Kastner..  They start to talk car racing history and
the rest is in the magazine.  Just fabulous.

Thanks Casey....

Mordy