fot

RE: MidOhio 2002 - Non-SVRA Eligible Triumphs - Potential

To: "'EISANDIEGO@aol.com'" <EISANDIEGO@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: MidOhio 2002 - Non-SVRA Eligible Triumphs - Potential
From: Russ Moore <rem@CBORD.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:22:25 -0400
Cary et al,
I would love to see all Triumph race cars included, would this proposed one
run be enough enticement to have them pay an entry fee and trailer all the
way to Ohio? Also, for those who have never run the course it could be risky
running it at speed for the first time.
Of course the question then arises of what the increase in cost would be for
all the others that potentially could run in the early "event". Many folks
don't plan on the extra early day, especially given the 1 to 2 day drive
each way and the use of vacation time in a workplace. I'm not trying to rain
on a parade here, just better understand the situation.

I would, as would many I am sure, absolutely support the cause if we were
able to have them with us through the weekend and also in the All-Triumph
race. Certainly, with all due respect to Bill Warner and Bob Tullius, the
Group 44 entries will be very welcomed in the All TR run, is it then that
far a stretch to allow other cars with flares and ground effects in also
that are lacking the history of these cars? I wonder how many we're talking
about in reality? I am not nervous about losing some bauble to another TR
jockey but would welcome the camaraderie through the weekend of their
company and companionship. What stands out in my mind on the '92 event was
the great times and the good folks I met, yet I have no recall of my lap
times nor of where I finished. The determination will be one that is made by
SVRA as the sanctioning body but it would be great to have any who were
willing to make the trip be there for this historic event. Realize their
cars, in a few years will fall into a "vintage or historic" category. I
would also think the increased number of TR racecars would be a draw for
advertising and increasing the gate receipts for Mid-Ohio. It is after all,
Mid-Ohio that gets the gate and not SVRA.

If SVRA's concern on the All-TR race is one of too many cars in the field,
perhaps a split start would ease the situation. Use the best times and split
the group into two packs on the track at the same time but started from the
front and rear S/F station. The non-compliant TR's could run in a group 10
designation for the early parts of the weekend so they would get an
appropriate amount of seat time.
Open to all comments and thoughts. I'm but one voice of many.
Russ Moore