fot

Nomination John "JR" Herrera

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Nomination John "JR" Herrera
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:39:44 EDT
Friends Of Triumph:

John Herrara & I have been corresponding for the past few days. John has the
ex-Hornbostel TR3A and is working on it with an eye toward it's entry at
Mid-Ohio.

He knows Doug Ross and Kent Howard...and more.

It's time he joined our ranks.  Please, a second from one of his FOT
'friends' or anyone. I have included a little bio info below, but encourage
JR to expand on this a little bit.

--------------

>From "JR":

.....I have been captivated with sports cars and racing ever since I was five
years old and played in the TR3 racecar my older brother left in the
driveway.  I went to school to become an airplane mechanic and bought my
first sports car, an MG, when I graduated. The next year and for seven more
years I crewed for a BMW, then a Camaro, in SCCA club racing. In 1980 I
bought my first TR3, Old Blue, which I still have. I have been spectating at
Vintage Races since 1985 at Summit Point, Mid-Ohio in 1992, and Pittsburg. I
drove Old Blue to a VSCDA event at Elkhart Lake, 850 miles, when Triumph was
the featured marque.

I am also involved with the Triumph Register of America, Mason Dixon Chapter,
but none of the members are racers. I did meet Doug Ross at the TRA National
Meet. Very cool guy......