fot

Re: Mallory dual point dist.

To: <Roberttten@aol.com>, "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mallory dual point dist.
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:51:08 -0400
I have a Dual Point in my TR3.  I have not adjusted it since I got it
back from being rebuilt at Mallory, since the stop tab broke off once
(I only adjusted it once prior).  I just set the timing for a max of
28 degrees, and let the low end fall where it is factory set (about 10
deg).   I think that you would only want to adjust it if you needed a
higher advance at idle and did not want to go too high at the max.
Joe(B)