fot

The death of the farting turtle (non tech!)

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: The death of the farting turtle (non tech!)
From: "P Richardson" <paul-richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:55:58 +0100
Some years ago, my brother Ian organised a pro-am golf tournament in Southern
Spain. A well known TV comedian got hold of a large and very lifelike plastic
turtle with a sound gismo hidden in its rear end. He waited until a ball
landed in the bunker that fronted the 18th green and out of eyeshot of the
players he crept into the bunker and placed the turtle upside down by the golf
ball. When the team arrived he said 'one of you have just killed a turtle with
your ball.' As the celebrity singer bent down, somewhat distressed, to look at
the turtle the comedian pressed a control button in his pocket and the turtle
farted- and far-r-r-ted and far-r-r-r-r-ted.

The singer, now in hysterics with everyone else, pulled himself together and,
with tears in his eyes, said "I've been booed off the best stages in the
world, but this is the first time I've been farted off an 18th green by a dead
turtle."

Paul