fot

FOT Nomination

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: FOT Nomination
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 17:35:13 -0500
I'd like to nominate Jari Tabell to membership in the FOT list.

Jari runs a Triumph Spitfire in vintage racing events in Finland. In fact,
he drives the ONLY road-racing Triumph in Finland, although there's a very
active vintage racing series there (which you can check out--in either
English or Finnish--at http://www.historicrace.fi/.

I first ran into Jari by email when I was contemplating a trip to Finland
and he was most helpful in providing a wealth of information. More recently,
unfortunately, his racing season has been ended by (guess what?) a rear
hub/axle failure. I'll leave it to him to explain the nature of the failure
and the modification limits of preparing a car to strict FIA Appendix K
standards.

You can see Jari's beautifully prepared Spitfire 4 (Mk 1) on his own vintage
racing page at http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jtabell/.

May I have a second for my fellow Finn and Triumph racer, Mr. Tabell?

Thanks,

Jim Hill
Madison WI