fot

Superspit!

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Superspit!
From: "Ian Cowie" <ianhome@acohs.com.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:16:01 +1000
Hi Guys,

Still plodding on with Superspit, getting down to the tech. stuff now like
wheels. Because our historic racing rules are so strict we are limited to
13x5 wheel. I have actually found some nice alloys from the period, however
would like to get as much width on the ground as possible. And accordingly
will add spacers provided I am not breaking track rules. I do not have a set
of bog standard Spitfire wheels and so don't know where to begin on offsets
etc. I am told for example that offset varied from 0 to 16mm at times. Can
anyone help and at the same time explain what the various measurements mean
as one mans offset is another's on set, if you get my drift. For example,
from the centre of the wheel I presume offset is measured from the face (the
bit against the flange to the inner part of the bead. But then again I might
be wrong.

All help gratefully appreciated.

Ian
777