fot

RE: High Speed fuel starvation

To: BOB KRAMER <rgk@flash.net>, N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: RE: High Speed fuel starvation
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:28:10 -0700
I'm running TAs, but those are history too. I spoke with Tony Garmey who
runs Hoosiers on his Devin and he claims they are faster than the Goodrich
Comp TAs. He tested them with a durometer and found the compound softer
than even Yokahamas. I don't know how they get away with that on a bias
ply, but apparently it works. Tony claims he picked up almost two seconds
at Portland (PIR) running the Hoosiers over the Comp TAs. I could kick
myself--I left a fairly good set of 008Rs with about six races on them
with the tire guy at the Monterey historics when I had the required
Dunlops mounted. I had him save them--I meant to pick them up but it
slipped my mind, and by the time I remembered they were gone.

So I guess it's Hoosiers for me next year unless something else comes
along.