fot

Re: soft mounts for SU's

To: rgk@flash.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: soft mounts for SU's
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:46:55 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/01 12:42:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rgk@flash.net
writes:

> Now that Kas has weighed in I'd like to get some soft mounts for my SU's.
> Where are you all getting them? TWM doesn't seem to carry them, or at least
> they don't know that they have them. They asked me to call back later and
> talk to Gary

The soft mounts I used are large rubber O-ring molded around an inner
aluminum core. They are made for Webers and come molded together as 2 O-ring
spaced to fit the Weber DCOE body. 45's work for 3/4" Su's, merely cut them
apart and open up the stud hole slightly. There are 2 types of mounting. One
is a rubber hourglass shaped foam piece that is contained within 2 cupped
washers and the other is Thackeray (sp?) washers. Either setup will work.
On the HS style carbs, I also insert a foam piece between the float and the
carb body. On the H style carbs use the softer type rubber washers for the
float mount (some kits supply plastic style washers).

I have purchased the soft mounts from Pierce Manifolds, 321 Kishimura
Dr.,Gilroy Ca. 95020, 408-842-6667.

The new "softer" Nick...
      Nick in Nor Cal