fot

Re: Hallett Information

To: "Susan Hensley" <racespit@netzero.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hallett Information
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 23:47:06 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Hensley" <racespit@netzero.com>
To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 6:13 PM
Subject: Hallett Information

> High speed miss -- that's me!  ;)
>
> As you know, Hallett Motor Racing Circuit in Oklahoma is hosting the
> CVAR final 2001 event the weekend of October 27-28th.  If you are able
> to attend, you will really enjoy it!  It is a very fun 1.8 mile track,
> pretty technical, with lots of turns and elevation changes.  Bring your
> 4.11 gearset, Spit racers...

Not if you have a 4:55!

Some years back I raced Hallett with a 4:55 in my Spitfire, broke it later
that season, went back to Hallett with my 4:11 in. Same engine. 4 seconds
slower.

Hallett IS a very fun track, especially for LBCs, but it is not a high-speed
track. It is, rather, a handling track. You'll make more time getting off a
corner better than the next guy, than you will by top speed at the far end
of the straights.

Sounds like a fun event. However, I'm racing at Gateway that weekend, hoping
to do something in the Mid-Am Championship double-points finale.

--Rocky Entriken (old, but not yet vintage)