fot

IRP re thinking scatter shielding

To: "team" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: IRP re thinking scatter shielding
From: "Rob Dardano" <19to1tr6@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 20:29:17 -0400
Hi guy's   I am running  a 4" wide---- 1/8  thick stainles  semi circle  . It
is notched around  the lay shaft and extendeds about 3 " below the shaft  then
follows the line of the bell housing to about  2 0clock over to the pasenger
side (Never considered a fellow racer getting  hit) It is atached in  3
locations directly to the tranny  I just used a long grade 8 bolt  which is
lock washered  & nutted then flat washered   and  then the shield  brackets
(brackets are welded to the shield) At the very least I think I need a couple
more brackets . Any way  what are the rest of you guys using ?        I made
it up with  20 ga. galvy  and gave it to the local shop and they duplicated it
in stainles for a buck 20 thats $120.00    they rolled the radias no problem.
rob