fot

Re: Diff-iculty

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: Diff-iculty
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:13:50 -0700
It depends entirely on which shims you are talking about.  THe ones on the
output bearings affect the bearing load on those parts, but the ones that
are on the pinion shaft set the pinion bearing preload.  I had to buy a whole
bunch of various thickness ones when I added the Quaife since I had none
of the shims that were in the diff that I used.  I still have some of them left
over if you need ones for a Late Spitfire or GT6 differential.

Joe (C)