fot

Re: Trip to Europe

To: paul-richardson@cyberware.co.uk, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trip to Europe
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 09:29:26 EST
In a message dated 11/17/01 11:07:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
paul-richardson@cyberware.co.uk writes:

<< I bought a motorhome  few months ago (American of course - Gulfstream) and
we're going to spend most of the winter and spring in the warmer climbs of
Europe. >>

If you are going into Spain, you better walk around in town with your wallet
in your front pocket and your hand on it.  That is what all of the Americans
were doing.  There were pick pockets everywhere.  My wife got robbed after
leaving the Leaning Tower.

I asked a group of hotel workers as to why the authorities tolerate all of
these pick pockets.  They want Americans to come and waste their money, and
then they have to put up with this kind of stuff.  If you get caught pick
pocketing in the US, you get thrown into jail.

One of them said: "Yes, they kill people over there."  I said yes, someone
like Terry McVey.  If you blow a building down and kill a bunch of women and
children, they are going to kill you.  His response was: "I am glad I am not
over there."  I told him that if he was over there, he would probably be
going to work every day like he is doing here, and not trying to blow down
buildings.