fot

Re: Hershey Hillclimb is Back

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hershey Hillclimb is Back
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:10:04 EST
FYI, for those of you not on the "Triumphs" e-mail list:

=====

Subj:   Hershey Hillclimb is Back
Date:   11/21/2001 8:44:23 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:   <A
HREF="mailto:suhring@lancnews.infi.net";>suhring@lancnews.infi.net</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</A>
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Just got word that the AACA is finalizing plans with Hershey
Entertainment to bring back the Hershey Hillclimb.  This was one
of the premier hillclimb events in central PA and the east cost
back in the 60s.  They are looking at April 19th, 2002 to be a tech
inspection and social event with the races occurring on the 20th
and 21st.  Cars must be vintage ('72 or earlier) and drivers
must show proof of past or present competition license. Sat.
night they will plan a social event with food, multimedia
presentations and registration. It is a non-competitive race and
is intended to showcase vintage racing.

This is great news since I have very fond memories of watching
these races.  I would expect that it will be a huge draw and
will lead to bigger and better racing in the future.

=====

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
  Triumph Herald engine with wings.