fot

Re: Survey

To: "John Price" <jprice1@txcyber.com>
Subject: Re: Survey
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 17:37:08 -0500
John, I have a 1996 Chevy p/u, 4x4,  extended cab, 8 foot bed, with
the 6.5L turbo diesel.  It makes a great tow vehicle, especially with
all of the hills around the northeast.  I tow my TR3 in a 20 foot
Haulmark enclosed trailer.  At 20 feet it has plenty of room for car,
tools, generator, spares, rain tires, coolers, etc.  You being in TX,
there is one downfall to the Chevy diesel, and that is HEAT, as it is
not intercooled.  I do notice that in the heat of the summer, that it
does loose power while towing.  Compared to my previous gas p/u truck
the fuel mileage is much better.  I get 18mpg highway, not towing and
9-10 towing (loaded trailer is about 5500 pounds.