fot

Exhaust System Size TR3/4

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust System Size TR3/4
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:57:00 EST
Your dyno (flywheel) results may vary,

but I run 2.5" diameter, 54" from the collector, through the frame X.
after extensive testing.
 There is no ground clearance to go under the frame on my TR3,
and it would not be good aerodynamically.
 When I started, and R W Kastner's fine books were printed; tire diameter
left lots of room for us to run the exhaust down under, and I did.

Run as little flex as you possibly can, but a short piece on the header is a
good idea, if you use stainless.

I needed an aluminum sheet to keep the exhaust heat away from the rear axle
to make life easier on the oil seals, and to comply with the rule that the
exhaust must be directed away from the bodywork.

Remember that carbon monoxide is nasty, and will attack in an open car.

HP