fot

Minilite questions

To: fot@autox.team.net, Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Minilite questions
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:08:26 EST
In a message

> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:59:04 EST
> From: Herald948@aol.com
> Subject: Genuine MINILITE lug nuts
>
> Brett Johnson was good enough (thanks, Brett!) to fax me  the info on his
> stock of NOS MINILITE lug nuts. But it puts me in a bit of a "Catch-22"
> situation.
>
> I have a set of genuine, original (with what I believe to be a date code of
> 1974) MINILITE aluminum street wheels, size 6 x 13, for a Spitfire. I
> somehow lost the special "shouldered" lug nuts years ago. (Fortunately, I
> still have the wheels and am planning to keep them, thank you!)
>
> I vaguely recall that the lug nuts might have had a 7/8" head in the "low
> dome" style. But since I don't have the lug nuts, I have no way to easily
> measure that or the other dimensions needed. (Of course, if I had the lug
> nuts, I suppose I wouldn't need to measure and then buy any, hence the
> "Catch-22"....)
>
> If any of you has such a set of original MINILITE wheels in the above
> size/style for a Spitfire, utilizing the original 3/8" studs, would you be
> so kind as to measure the following dimensions on the lug nuts:
>
> - -Width of hex head across flats
> - -Height of hex head
> - -Height of shoulder
> - -Width (or diameter, if you prefer) of the shoulder, measured at the
> base.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> - --Andy Mace

Andy,

You might try the original Minilite company directly?

They are still in business, and very helpful.

contact

TECH-DEL LTD
Unit 4A
Roughmoor Industrial Estate
Williton
Taunton
Somerset
TA4 4RF
England

Tel: 0-44-1984-631033
Fax: 0-44-1984-631044

<A HREF="www.minilite.co.uk">www.minilite.co.uk</A>

There are many imitators, but the original is still the best.

I have NFI

Regards

Leon

1921 French Grand Prix driver: Albert Guyot, to Ernest Ballot ,
"There is only one winner in any race: the man who gets home first."

1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible (Diva)
1988 Volkswagen 1600GT Scirroco Coupe (Driver)
Wimbledon, London, England.