fot

Great book found

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Great book found
From: "spitfiresuz" <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:51:27 -0700
Hi all!

Brad and I found a great book yesterday at the Aardvark Antique
Mall in Lincoln, NE -- "A Guide To American Sports Car Racing" by
William S. Stone, pub. 1960.  It gives a little history of racing,
talks about racing officials and flag stations, discusses how to
race (how to handle starts, straights and corners), different
types of racing (rallies, gymkhanas, ice races, hill climbs, etc),
 goes over car setup and specific cars (including the TR3 -- a
very favorable review, by the way), and then details all of the
American circuits of that time with maps, track layouts and racing
information.  The photography is by Martin Dain and is absolutely
delightful.  There are several shots of TR3's both racing and in
the paddocks.

Speaking of which -- they show a dark TR3 #101; a light #79 with a
happy driver (big grin while cornering); and a light TR3A #4 (all
the photos are black and white, go figure).  Anyone know who those
folks would have been, from the late 50's?  There is also a shot
of a dark Devin (probably SS, if the side pipes were of any
indication) #78 at Palm Springs.

We sure hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that your New
Years are all warm and bright.

Keep Triumphing!
Susan and Brad   :)