fot

Free Dynamometer

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Free Dynamometer
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:47:46 -0600
I've written a small program which is similar to a chassis dyno.  It is
available free at the download section of
clubs.hemmings.com/MTFCTulsa/Cams/.  The program works by recording the
engine speed while you accelerate your car in a single gear.  It will
cost you about $30 to wire an inductive pickup, but that is cheaper than
a single run on a chassis dyno.  I agree with previous posts that a
chassis dyno is not nearly as accurate as an engine dyno, but if you
don't want to pull your engine, it is a lot better than the seat of your
pants.
Larry Young