fot

virus

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: virus
From: "Roger Beasley" <beeline@iline.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:05:30 -0500
FOTers,

My humble apologies.  It appears I may have been an unwitting party in
propagating a virus.

I returned last night from two weeks of vacation.  This morning, I began
wading through a large backlog of messages; one of which was from my old boss
(since retired).  Best I can tell, the virus came to me through his message.
Apparently, it grabbed various documents off my hard drive and sent them out
either to all names in my address book, or to senders of all the messages I
opened this morning.

Again, I apologize.  I have since updated my Norton anti-virus software and
deleted all suspect files.

Roger Beasley
Cape Coral, FL