fot

Re: Lost Magazines

To: "WEmery7451" <WEmery7451@aol.com>, <Robertten1@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Lost Magazines
From: "baxter culver" <baxterculver@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 08:25:53 -0800
Many years ago, while stationed at an Army post in Germany, my dear sweet
mother baked a large batch of X-Mas cookies and entrusted them to my father
for mailing.  He, always a bit tight with his cash, sent them "surface" rather
than pay the additional postage for airmail. They arrived, as I recall, in the
month of February--tasting a bit salty, and hard as bricks.  Surface, it
seems, was the slowest boat the US Postal Service could hire.  It still is!