fot

Re: Movie "On the Beach" Great race scene

To: "joe alexander" <N197TR4@cs.com>, <rocky@tri.net>,
Subject: Re: Movie "On the Beach" Great race scene
From: "baxter culver" <baxterculver@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:11:44 -0800
I think the film was made in the late 50's, prior to the release of the E-Type
(1960).  I recall two scenes vividly:  Fred Astair and his XK 150 (?) near the
end of the movie and when the search party discovers the source of the strange
radio signal.  The race scene didn't make much of a lasting impression at the
time, but then I was just a teen and only starting to become interested in
"sports car" racing.   So, off to rent a copy!