fot

Upper Wishbone Strengthening

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Upper Wishbone Strengthening
From: Wes Dayton <oilyrag@hsrca.org.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 11:42:07 +1100
The TR3A that I've been racing for the past 6 or so years has been a race
car for a lot longer than that, so came with a number of "mods" - some of
which I am not sure about. One that seemed sensible was that the upper
wishbone had been "strengthened" by the addition of a "plate" that was
bolted on top of it.  It is simply a steel plate with a hole in the centre
for the top of thew shock absorber.

In an attempt to gain some negative camber, better geometry etc, I'm about
to replace these components with later model bits, and so I'm wondering
"should I bother" to do the same thing to the upper wishbone - i.e. Add a
plate across the top?