fot

Hershey Hillclimb Returns !!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Hershey Hillclimb Returns !!
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:05:29 EST
Hello,

 I got the following post last week, and spoke with Stan yesterday.  He
confirmed everything in the message.  Sounds like Hershey Corp. has high
hopes for the future of this event.  Check the web site for more info.

 I'll be there!

 Rich Rock
 Pottstown, PA

 <<
  Hi All ...and a Happy 2002,

  For those who knew this event was in the works, thanks for patiently
  waiting.  The announcement -  The Hershey Vintage Hillclimb (in Hershey,
  Pennsylvania) is going to happen on April 20 and 21, 2002 !!  HERCO signed
  off on the remaining details Thursday afternoon.
  Now .... the hard work begins as we are only 3 1/2 months away from hitting
  the grid, and I desperately need your help.  Because of HERCO's delay I've
  missed all magazine publishing deadlines, so it's now up to the club-level
  networkings to get the word out.  Please use your newletters and email
  lists
  to do this.
  For you drivers, we hope to have the "www.svvscc.org" website up soon so
  that you can download all the Regulations and Registration stuff you'll
  need.  I will inform you of that through another email.  Should that be
  delayed more than a few weeks, I'll email you the .pdf files that you can
  print and send on.  I may do that regardless of the website construction.
  The AACA will be conducting a judged race car show on Saturday.  Whether
  you
  have an old sprint car, vintage dragster or last years' Indy 500 winner,
  you're invited to participate.  You do not have to be an AACA member.
  For you spectators who arrive in sports cars, a separate Sports Car Corral
  is being set aside from the road toads (take no offense).  In future years
  we hope to develop it into an event area of its own - if you've been to
  events like the Sebring 12-hour or Rolex 24 you know what I mean.  But that
  will depend on how much room HERCO lets us work with.  For this year, if
  you
  want to park together as a club you will probably need to arrive together
  as
  a club.  I'll have more details on that later.
  For those who might want to volunteer to work the event, we will have a
  contact person in place by mid-month who will be the clearinghouse for all
  of that info....so hang on for now, and I'll let you know.
  Any vendor space availability has not yet been determined with the Hotel,
  so
  hold tight on that - you'll hear it from me.
  In the meantime, here's the initial announcement and my 'thanks' in advance
  for getting the word out.  We'd like you to be represented at the event, if
  at all possible.
  (See attached file: HVH contact(org).doc)
  Stan Carpenter
  HVH Public Relations Chairman
  SVVSCC Communications Coordinator
  717-502-1023