fot

[Fwd: TR3-based Devin]

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: TR3-based Devin]
From: "T.R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:35:00 -0400
Can anyone help this guy????
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:53:04 -0500
From: "Steven McCutcheon" <MCCUTCST@mah.gov.on.ca>
To: <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Subject: TR3-based Devin

Tom:  As I know that you are a collector of all things Triumph and often that
includes rarities or one-offs, I thought I should ask if you know or have any
info on the Devin bodies of the early '60's.  I recently aquired one from the
St. Louis area.  The chassis is clearly TR3, complete with motor, gearbox,
driveshaft and diff.  It has painted wire wheels, a TR3 firewall and wiring
harness, but the body is not satisfactorily mounted and the car was never
finished!  The fibreglass body has never been painted but the DPO has drilled a
number of holes for lamps (which I do not have) and dzuz fasteners and hinges
etc.  The doors have never been mounted (ie no hinges and no latches).

Have you ever seen one of these?  I have found an old brochure from 1960(?) but
that is about it.  Any suggestions or directions you can point me?
Thanks in advance,
Steve McCutcheon
Canada
1962 TR4