fot

TRansmission Questions

To: Friends of TRiumph <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRansmission Questions
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 07:39:31 -0600
Fellow Gearheads,

When I bought my TR4, it was a retired SCCA EP car. Among the spares that
came with the car was a TRansmission that the previous owner claimed to
contain a close ratio gearset. I saw that this TRansmission had a 1" input
shaft, but since so very little of what the previous owner told me about my
purchase turned out to be true, I ignored his claims about this gearbox.
Yesterday, I took my first look into the TRansmission and it appears that
there may actually be close ratio gears in there. I intend to investigate
further to confirm this. If in fact there are close ratio gears in there,
is this the gearset that requires the GT6 clutch disk? The input shaft is
1" with 10 splines. If that is the case, are there any other GT6 parts that
I will need to acquire such as the throw out bearing and sleeve? I am
currently using a TR6 diaphragm style clutch in the car.

MANY THANKS for any and all information and suggestions.

Irv