fot

Re: Hillclimbs

To: <MJSUKEY@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hillclimbs
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:46:36 -0800
Hillclimbs are terrific and a lot of fun.  It takes a little more discipline
than outright racing as you have no one to follow or to pace yourself with
during your run.  You are right about going off but that's what makes some
people faster than others.  I ran a lot of Hillclimbs in the 50's in
Colorado including a long mountain climb up Lookout Mountain near Golden
Colorado past the Buffalo Bill grave site . You need everything a good road
racer will have and high concentration ( a little desire won't hurt either).
My trophy from the Buffalo Bill hillclinb is still with me and just one of
only a few that I've kept over the years. You'll love it.