fot

EI Digest Annual & Quarterly Incineration Demand Surveys

To: tim.cunningham@terisna.com, dlacoste@onyxes.com, curtisg@cleanharbors.com,
Subject: EI Digest Annual & Quarterly Incineration Demand Surveys
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:45:24 EST
Dear Colleagues

       At last September's EI Digest Gathering, many of you expressed
interest in more frequent (quarterly) reporting of hazardous waste
incineration demand. Unfortunately this effort is going to have to be
postponed indefinitely due to a lack of resources. These type of survey
efforts would require about an additional 40 to 60 hours per quarter. We
simply do not have the staff and $$$ to get this done at thius time.

       You will be receiving the annual survey within the next thirty days.
This should at least provide some guidance were the market was at the end of
2001. Judging from the abrupt down turn in federal reserve indexes at the end
of 2001, I expect that annual reporting will not show the full impact of what
happened at the end of 2001.

       We are releasing our new report series, Hazardous Waste Generator's
Management preference starting with region 1 next week. While this is the
most current nationwide data available, it is from 1999. Still, these are the
best reports for defining the competitive situation in each region that we
have ever produced.

Cary