fot

Re: Cylinder head thickness and the PHA

To: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>,
Subject: Re: Cylinder head thickness and the PHA
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:43:03 -0800
Pinning the combustion chamber was one of the best things I ever did for the
Tr engine.  I came up with that after a close inspection as has been
described by others here and figured it out on the airplane ride home form
Portland ( and another blown head gasket) . Fixed the deal and it's so
simple.  You do have to be careful if you skim or mill the head again after
installing the pins cause the hardened pins will eat up a mill end in a
hurry. Surface grinding works fine though. Oh yeah, I did work out the deal
for Carl Swanson and several other people also. Can the mid 60's be that
long ago??? Wow I must be older than dirt.