fot

60s Racing Video

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: 60s Racing Video
From: "John Herrera" <jherrera@fcc.cc.md.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 13:34:34 -0500
Hello all:

>From my description of the Cumberland race on the video, Ron Gordon has
>identified the black #12 TR4 driver as Rob MacFarlane (sp?). I will show him
>the tape to verify this. I know some of you must know him and his concours TR3
>and TR6.

Ron grew up in Cumberland and was involved in rallies and racing etc. The
Cumberland race used to be a hillclimb. Later he was Pit Marshall at Nelson
Ledges and Summit Point. Remember Gordon's Corner in the paddock at Summit
Point? Ron thinks he knows the location of the TR4 or maybe another of
MacFarlane's TR4s if he had more than one.

Ron said there is going to be some kind of event in Cumberland this Memorial
day weekend commemorating the old airport race days. Not a race but just a show
and rally.

J.R.