fot

sparking plugs, a minor detail?

To: whitedog72@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net (FOT)
Subject: sparking plugs, a minor detail?
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 10:46:37 EST
Re Andrew's mailing of Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 14:09:06
From: "andrew stark" <whitedog72@hotmail.com>
Subject: spark plugs?

Hi Guys,
Ok as my car reaches completion I have started to wonder what kind of spark
plugs should I run. I know this is a minor detail I should know but I have
always run pretty much stock motors in Autox with stock Champion plugs. Now
I am going to run a fairly hot track engine with 11.5 to 1 compression and a
fairly hot high RPM cam. So instead of going through lots of trial and error
the question is. What do you guys that run Tr-6's or Gt-6's run for
sparkplugs??
                       Thanks
                       Andy\Almost running EP Gt-6

Hi Andy,

Whilst my compression ratio is a tad lower than yours at around 9.75:1,
(hey, c'mon, I have to run my hot street engine on pump gas!),
I do have a fairly hot cam and triple webers etc etc on my Mk.2 Vitesse
engine,
which is basically the same straight six 2-Litre engine as in your GT6+,

I run the following plugs:

1st choice: NGK BP6EV (precious metal)

2nd choice NGK BP6ET (triple)

3rd choice NGK BP6E (grooved)

4th choice NGK BP6ES (copper)

5th choice Champion N9Y (standard), can't recall last time I saw any being
used!

of course, YMMV with higher temperatures etc due to your higher c/r

but personally, I really rate those precious metal plugs, which are special
order from your friendly local automart.

Good luck with your GT6

Regards

LC)on F Guyot

1921 French Grand Prix driver: Albert Guyot, to Ernest Ballot ,
"Therebs only one winner in any race: the man who gets home first."

<A
HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/vitesse1963";>http://community.websho
ts.com/user/vitesse1963</A>

1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible (Diva)
1988 Volkswagen 1600GT Scirroco Coupe (Driver)
Wimbledon, London, England.